Towards brighter times - 8 reasons to choose LED bulbs
If you have not already switched your lighting to LED, then here are 8 good reasons to choose LED. Statistics show that 10-12% of your power consumption goes to lighting. In a household with 4 people, it is approx. DKK 1,000 and about 250 kg CO2 per year.
1) LED bulbs provide much more light for every Watt used, so simple it is. A modern LED is 8-10 times as efficient as a halogen bulb, and about twice as efficient as a so-called "energy saving bulb"
2) LED bulbs use significantly less power, by switching to LED you can save 50-90%
3) LED bulbs emit less CO2 due to the lower power consumption
4) LED bulbs get hot, but not in the same way as other light sources.
5) LED has a significantly longer lifespan than other types of bulbs, LED bulbs last 15-25,000 hours, corresponding to about 20 years of good light
6) LED bulbs turn on immediately and they can withstand being turned on and off over 20,000 times
7) LED bulbs do not contain mercury as "energy saving bulbs" and fluorescent tubes.
8) LED bulbs stay white, it is not like with the old bulbs that become more and more yellow with time.
Remember that your old "energy saving bulbs" and fluorescent tubes must be handed in at the recycling station, and must not be thrown away with your normal waste.